[Box-Admins] Moving lists | server suggestions

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Oct 14 18:24:34 UTC 2016

Dear all

I need an opinion.

It seems infeasible to retain qmail as the mail-server for our mailing lists.
That's because implementing SPF (required by major domains, eg google and such)
_REQUIRES_ us to implement SRS, which is not compiled into qmails by default.

Postfix is reasonably easy to configure and with postsrs, an SRS solution exists.
And it works, I use it on my private server. Also, we'd get the benefit of being
able to use more advances spam filtering, because viable solutions that don't need
a Ph.D. in configure-by-source-code-patching-and-editing exists.

Does this sound sane or should I make an effort to retain qmail?
(The quicker the responses are, the quicker I can make the move).

Best regards
	-Tobias