[Box-Admins] source.squeak.org is ready to switch

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 05:44:19 UTC 2016

Hi Levente and Tobias, source.squeak.org is finally ready to make the
switch to the andreas box at Rackspace.  I've imported the new data.obj as
of a couple of days ago, and watched it running.  Everything is fine, let's
pull the trigger!

I suggest we:

1) notify the community of outage.
2) stop source.squeak.org on box4.
3) run one last rsync from
    box4:/srv/box2/home/sqeueaksource/ss
to:
     andreas:/srv/sourcesqueakorg/box4/squeaksource/webserver/ss

     *Important:  Please do not rsync above this directory!

4) bounce the server on andreas.  (sudo svc -k /service/squeaksource).
5) Wait a few minutes.  Make sure all is well.  I can help with this.
6) Tobias or Levente switch the DNS + whatever else is needed.
7) Notify community, back up.

I suggest we do it ASAP.  Please let me know your thoughts.

 - Chris