[Box-Admins] Re: [Board] Rackspace 4 Squeak - Volunteers?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 28 00:36:31 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 07:40:21PM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 01:43:33PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 2:25 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
> > > Hey there.
> > >
> > > I just talked to Tobias and he said that he is in contact with Levente, who
> > > is in the process of getting another login for the Squeak account to help
> > > Tobias.
> > >
> > > Who is capable and willing to help Tobias and Levente move our Squeak
> > > services until Nov 1st, 2016? We talked about this in yesterday's board
> > > meeting but I think it would be good to write the volunteers down via email.
> > >
> > > Aiming for Nov 1st would leave a full month room to handle unforeseen
> > > challenges as well.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Marcel
> >
> > I would like to volunteer for helping move source.squeak.org.
> >

> I will volunteer to move squeaksource.com.
>
> I will also build and install interpreter VMs where needed.
>
> Cross-posting to box-admins because we should probably be discussing this
> on the box-admins list.

This is to confirm that Tobias has given me my credentials for accessing
the Rackspace portal, and I now have access to the portal as 'david.lewis'.

I am new to Rackspace, but I see that there are eight active servers,
and server "Dan" is tagged for 'squeaksource'. Dan is at 104.130.170.38,
which I can ping, so I can see that it is active. I do not have ssh access
at this point.