[Box-Admins] Move Jenkins? (was: Access to the new server(s))

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Sep 29 12:20:01 UTC 2016

CC to Frank because he may not be following these discussions.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 10:03:41AM +0000, Fabio Niephaus wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:31 AM Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Dear all
> >
> > [ACTIONS AT END]
> >
> > with retroactive blessing of Levente, I have now prepared eight VMs on
> > Rackspace.
> > Here's the overview:

<snip>

> > - Do we need Jenkins anymore?
> >

> We moved Squeak-Trunk to TravisCI, so if there isn't anything else
> important still running there, I'd say no.

I have still been using a couple of test projects on build.squeak.org
but overall it is not maintained, and I do not think that we should
continue to make it publicly visible (links from squeak.org) in that
condition.

My suggestion is that we should copy /var/lib/jenkins directory to
Rackspace if space permits, so that we do not lose it in the move.
Aside from that, I don't think it is something we need to spend time
on for the move. If we want to put it back on line, we can do that
later if and when a volunteer steps forward.

If the real CI work is happening on TravisCI now, then we should see
if we can point build.squeak.org at that system.