[Box-Admins] [Board] Request permission to moderate squeak-dev

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Mon Feb 13 23:18:23 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017, Tobias Pape wrote:

> On 13.02.2017, at 20:02, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:

>>> How so?
>>
>> You can't repeat your message with the same message id once your original mail has been discarded/rejected, can you?
>
> I quite don't get the scenario :/

E.g. some Pharo guy replies to a message sent to both Squeak's and Pharo's
mailing list. If the guy is not subscribed to the Squeak list and you're
not subscribed to Pharo list, you'll never know about that message unless
someone subscribed to both lists replies to that message.
If the guy decides to subscribe to the Squeak list due to the notification
and resends the message to the Squeak list, then that message will only be
sent to the Squeak list, so the thread will be split.

Levente