[Box-Admins] squeaksource.com

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Mar 25 00:45:05 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 01:57:25PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> A few months ago, we lost weeks of user updates due to image
> persistence saving itself as an unlaunchable image (> 1GB
> interpreter).

Based on the ss.log, there were only a few updates lost, and they appeared to
be junk commits from some rather questionable origins. I asked on the Squeak
and Pharo lists and heard of no issues. I am fairly confident that there was
no loss.

> All the latest code for SqueakSource is ready and
> available at http://source.squeak.org/ss.  This is the codebase that
> has been supporting source.squeak.org for several months now.  It's
> stable.
>
> Squeaksource is important.  Is there any reason not to update the
> image and code ASAP?

I cannot put much time into it now, and I don't mind if you want to take it
over as your schedule permits.

If I do the updates, I want to get it to a 64 bit image/vm.