[Box-Admins] squeaksource.com

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Mar 26 15:04:32 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 02:09:45PM +0200, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> it should work without enabling remote connections if you create an
> ssh tunnel to dan instead of ian.
>
> Levente

I think that is what I am doing. Just to be clear, I do this:

  lewis at lewis-Gazelle-Pro:~$ ssh -L5901:localhost:5901 dan.box.squeak.org

  The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
  the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
  individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

  Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
  permitted by applicable law.
  Last login: Sun Mar 26 14:19:37 2017 from 10.208.225.29
  davidlewis at dan:~$ sudo su - squeaksourcecom
  [sudo] password for davidlewis:
  squeaksourcecom at dan:~$ pgrep -l squeakvm
  9388 squeakvm
  squeaksourcecom at dan:~$ kill -SIGUSR2 9388
  squeaksourcecom at dan:~$ # keep this connection open until the VMC connection is made
  squeaksourcecom at dan:~$ exit

While the ssh connection is active, I use a VNC client to connect to
localhost:1 which is port 5901 forwarded to dan.box.squeak.org, and
then I enter the password for the VNC connection.

Dave