[Box-Admins] [Board] Change the description of vm-dev?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Apr 5 00:49:37 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 11:43:35AM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 11:37 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> > I have two assignments from today's meeting:
> >
> > Assignment 1:
> >
> >  Per the note below, change the identification of the vm-dev list from this:
> >
> >   "Squeak Virtual Machine Development Discussion"
> > <vm-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
> >
> > to this:
> >
> >   "Open Smalltalk Virtual Machine Development Discussion"
> > <vm-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
> >
> > I may need to get help on this, as I do not see anything in the list admin
> > pages that lets me make the change, so probably it is configured elsewhere
> > in mailman.
> >

> See
> https://wiki.list.org/DOC/4.70%20How%20do%20I%20change%20the%20name%20of%20%28rename%29%20a%20list%3F
> It's not pretty ;-)

Eliot,

Oh dear, that is definitely not what I had in mind. I was hoping for
something more like "s/Squeak/Open Smalltalk/".

I'll take this over to the box-admins list and see if there is a practical
solution.

Levente, Tobias, box-admins:

Following discussion with the board today, I would like to change the identification
for the vm-dev mailing list to be "Open Smalltalk Virtual Machine Development Discussion"
("Open Smalltalk" rather than specifically "Squeak").

I cannot see a way to do this from the administrator's page for vm-dev (which I
control), so I suspect it may be something that can be done in the MailMail list
configurations. Can someone help, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!