[Box-Admins] Mail delivery from dan.box.squeak.org to mail.squeak.org at 162.242.237.43

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Jan 5 08:31:31 UTC 2018

Hi Dave,

> On 05.01.2018, at 01:21, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> I am only guessing, but stepping through the smtp interaction in a debugger
> tells me that an optional username/password may be exchanged in the smtp
> protocol. The squeaksource.com image does not supply this, possibly because it
> originally sent mail via box2.squeak.org, and now via mail.squeak.org (???).
>
> Is a username/password required for the client on dan.box.squeak.org to connect
> to the smtp server at mail.squeak.org?

Sorry I did not step in earlier.

Yes. I configured the mailer to _relay_ for our boxen, so that there's no user/pw interchange.
What would it be in the first place?

Also, You could try localhost, there's an exim running that uses mail. as a smarthost.

I wonder, because it had worked up until now…

Best regards
	-Tobias