[Box-Admins] [Vm-dev] Could someone add a VMMaker Inbox project to source.squeak.org?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 00:54:35 UTC 2018

Agree, given Levente's measurements seemingly so short for diffing
VMMaker, I'd like to know what's taking our server so long...  My
guess is it was busy indexing a previously-saved version of VMMaker at
the time.  Even running at a lower priority, there is some
Mutex control in there, so there still could be some blocking on
the indexing.  I should look into spawning that as a separate VM
process when I upgrade it...   Also, that feature can be turned off on
a per-Project basis if that pain is worse than the benefit of the mc
revision history.

It's high on my list.  Thanks for your patience.

 - Chris

PS -- In case anyone is interested in looking at the code and possibly
getting involved, it installs easily into a trunk image:

    Scanner allowUnderscoreAsAssignment: true.
    Installer new merge: #squeaksource