[Box-Admins] Proposal to assist the Cuis project by offering use of Squeak.org mail hosting services (was: [Cuis-dev] Problems with the mail list - Let's move to a new mail list server)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Mar 27 02:02:14 UTC 2019

I would like to request the support of the board to offer assistance
to the Cuis project by hosting the cuis-dev at cuis-smalltalk.org mailing
list on available sqeak.org infrastructure. We are fortunate to have an
excellent hosting infrastructure for our web servers and mailing lists.

Currently we incur no cost for use of that infrastructure due to our
membership in the Software Freedom Conservancy and to our commitment to
free distribution and promotion of Squeak and related projects. The Cuis
project is strongly connected with Squeak, and is compatible with and
supportive of the Squeak project. For that reason, I believe that it is
appropriate to make the squeak.org infrastructure available for support
of the cuis-dev mailing list.

The attached email from Juan Vuletich on cuis-dev provides background.
I have not previously discussed with with Juan, although I am CCing
him here. CC also to box-admins, just in case this is not a feasible
suggestion.

I am not an expert on mailing lists, but I am assuming that it is
possible to host a cuis-dev at cuis-smalltalk.org mailing list on our
servers without losing the "Cuis" identity. In other words, the list
identity must still be be cuis-dev at cuis-smalltalk.org, not
cuis-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org.

Does the board support this proposal?

Thanks,