[Box-Admins] VM update for squeaksource.com (was: Squeak.org renewal)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 19 20:08:16 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 08:40:11AM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> P.S. squeaksource.com feels slow compared to source.squeak.org...

Eliot,

It's still running on an interpreter VM. I'll switch it over to Cog
and see how that goes.

I installed (hopefully) the necessary i386 libs, and updated the rt
permissions. It seems to run a headless test image for me, so I
think I can do the switch with minimal interruption.

I'll send a note to squeak-dev to warn the victims before I do any
destructive testing.

CC box-admins: All changes are on dan.box.squeak.org. System install
notes are updated in /root/admin-log.txt, and application update
notes are in ~squeaksourcecom/README.