[Box-Admins] [squeak-dev] SqueakMap down?

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Sun Sep 6 17:03:00 UTC 2020

Hi All,

(CC'd board as well)

I have restarted the image. It seemed to have been locked up by trying to
send a password recovery email directly from the server instead of using
our own mail server[1].
This is bad practice and the IP of the server has been rightfully added to
some spam blacklists, hence the blocked image (which expects that email
sending always succeeds...).
Outgoing emails should go through our own mail server. This needs to be
changed ASAP, as I suppose a few more password reminders will result in a
locked up image again.

Levente

[1] Relevant parts of the stack trace in case someone wants to have a look
at the image:

SMUtilities class>>mail:subject:message:
SMUtilities class>>mailPassword:for:
[] in SMSqueakMapView>>mailnewpassword {[username value isEmptyOrNil
ifFalse: [account := model accountForUsername...]}