[Box-Admins] FYI - unusual unsubscribe activity from vm-dev

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 23 15:09:46 UTC 2020

Nothing this for information in case there may be a problem.

Today I received 18 unsubscribe notifications from vm-dev with the
following time stamps in my inbox:

	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:42:54 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:34:44 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:35:30 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:36:51 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:43:57 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:46:06 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:47:40 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:41:19 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:41:50 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:40:11 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:31:55 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:48:30 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:48:57 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:49:25 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:49:56 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:50:20 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:51:23 +0000
	Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 10:07:09 +0000

This would have to have come from an automated process, so I am
mentioning it here in case it might be some new bot attack that
I have not seen before.

I occasionally do see new subscriptions that presumably come from
unfriendly activity, for example a recent subscription to vm-dev
was from americafirst at myloaninsurance.com. I set that one to
moderated and nomail, and have not seen any further activity from
it. But it's pretty clear that the attack bots know how to subscribe
to mailing lists these days, and I don't know what else they might
be up to.

FYI,