[Box-Admins] Help needed to add a squeakvm.org tarball to files.squeak.org

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Dec 18 17:55:11 UTC 2021

Hi box-admins,

I have a file that I would like to put in a new folder on files.squeak.org.

The file is Squeak-4.19.9-3814-src.tar.gz which can be pulled from
this Google drive link:

  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kYN5KOv3bIGOc-Q-ei7JqMWcAxCCLs5H/view?usp=sharing

The location for this file should be a new 'tarball' folder under
the existing 'debian' folder:

  https://files.squeak.org/debian/tarball/

For file integrity check the checksum is:
  $ cksum Squeak-4.19.9-3814-src.tar.gz
  1051772195 3441834 Squeak-4.19.9-3814-src.tar.gz

Can someone please add Squeak-4.19.9-3814-src.tar.gz to the server?

Background:

With the support of the Squeak board, Phil Bellalouna has been working
with the Debian squeak-vm package team to produce an updated package
that will include the opensmalltalk-vm VMs in addition to the traditional
interpreter VM. As part of that effort, the Debian maintainers would
like to have a reference tarball for the interpreter VM from a recognized
Squeak site.

I have produced the tarball file, and the board has agreed that we can
put it on files.squeak.org.

I will also note that an updated tarball can be created at any time
by running this script:

  http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/trunk/platforms/unix/cmake/mkunixtar?revision=3814&view=markup

Thanks!