[Box-Admins] Fwd: Rackspace Cloud Support Update to: Information Bulletin: CloudDB instance SSL certificate update

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Feb 25 00:01:35 UTC 2021

Yes, I received the message too. I just now logged in to portal.rackspace.com
and looked at the message. I don't know what it means so I'm not going to
do anything, but here is what the "Information Bulletin" says:

Information Bulletin: CloudDB instance SSL certificate update
Pending Customer #210224-ord-0003099(943044) Software Freedom Conservancy

Hello,

Rackspace has made available an updated SSL certificate for your Cloud Database instance(s), as of 2021 Feb 3.

IF YOU DO NOT USE SSL:
No action is required.

IF YOU CURRENTLY USE SSL:
If you currently utilize SSL connections to your instance, more information is provided here:
    https://docs.rackspace.com/docs/cloud-databases/v1/general-api-info/using-ssl/

Please find below a list of your active Cloud Database instances: (ID, Hostname, Name)

(b1a6f74c-c61c-4084-9c3b-0e141ff7118c,  Rock,  a9475921a99e4053a77188307cc3b8a6a407ddc7.rackspaceclouddb.com)

If your instance was deployed before 2021 Feb 3rd, PLEASE RESPOND to this support ticket to ensure that our support teams enable the new certificate for you on your instance(s).

As MySQL must be restarted to activate this change, your instance will be placed in RESTART REQUIRED status once this has been completed, and you'll need to restart your instance at your convenience to use your new certificate.

As always, your Support Team will be available to assist you.