[Box-Admins] [Board] Squeak Services | Inquiry to shutdown david/scott/john

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Tue Apr 19 22:23:22 UTC 2022

Hi Marcel,

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022, Marcel Taeumel wrote:

> Hi box admins --
>
> Can we please backup and shutdown the following servers ASAP:
>
> - david (planet.squeak)
> - scott (mantis/codespeed)
> - john (docker ... already inactive?)

Is there anything useful on john to be backed up?
I've never seen that server before, I didn't have my ssh key added to it,
I don't have a user on it. It was shut down but not deleted, so it was
billed as if it had been running the whole time.
I changed the root password on it and managed to log in. I only see some
old docker images but no containers.

> Once done, can you please send me some identification for these three machines so that I can contact Rackspace (via Pono/SFC) to have those removed from our current bills?

I'm pretty sure we can delete servers and services. I do have such option
in the rackspace UI.

> Please redirect "bugs.squeak.org" to "https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-object-memory".
>
> Please also try to stop using the Rackspace Cloud DB / MySQL DB. Can this be done via the Web-Interface directly? Backup the existing DB contents as well.

I'm sure it can. I created a new database user to be able to back up the
'cloud' database I had no access to before.

Levente