[Communities] Booting the list

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Tue Mar 28 20:52:07 UTC 2006

Hi all,

The communities list is twelve days old, we already have ~20
subscribers, it's time to get this list started.

The communities list is an idea which Bryce Kampjes and Cees de Groot
(and me) developed on the Squeak IRC channel. Basically, we wanted to
start organizing local events in order to give more life and visibility
to the local communities, and to enhance the relationships and exchanges
between them. So I volunteered to managed this list.

One reasonable target for this list could be having twelve events per
year, spread all around the world.
I think that focusing on Smalltalk parties, like the one recently held
in Bruxelles and those held during last winter in Bern and Paris, can be
a good starting point. Cees has started assembling some contents on a
dedicated swiki
( http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/party ) which will hold information
about how to organize a party and about past, present and future
parties.

So, we (Bryce, Cees and me) are waiting for your comments and proposals!

	Giovanni