[Cryptography Team] CTR mode, SecureRandom, ElGamal updates

satru pakala spakala at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:36:05 CET 2006

Hi,
I am new to this group. I have a question about generation of cryptographic
keys.
Is it possible to generate public and private keys from a String? i mean
what i am doing is i am taking a fingrprint image and i am converting it to
Stirng then from that string i have to generate keys.i don't know whether we
can do like that or not? Please tell me is there anyway to generate keys
from an inputted image or a Stirng or array of bytes?
Thanks,
Pakala