[Cryptography Team] Squeak Cryptography Team Code Commercial Acceptance

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Wed Jan 11 00:35:07 CET 2006

Matt,

Thanks for the information, I will review the process.  I would think we
could come up with the money you suggested to get certified.

So to update our goals:

5) Get external US Government certification of Security for external package
and image components.

Should be changed to:

5) Complete Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP) through the
OpenSSL Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) Certification
Process.

            5.1) Identify Experts in Group (recruit new members?)

            5.2) Find repository and define structure for documentation.

            5.3) Document current frameworks

            5.4) Develop new designs, following design goals (tbd through
open discussions) and document new framework.

            5.5) Expert Design Review and Implementation recursively until
code complete

            5.6) Identify Team Leaders to walk our project through OpenSSL
FIPS Cert Process

            5.7) Raise Money for Cert Process

            5.8) Complete Certification, Publicize results

            5.9) Offer Reward for anyone that breaks code

            5.10) Set up review committee that reviews implementations (for
a fee) and helps others get certified using our code.

Does anyone have any comments on the change?

Ron Teitelbaum

Squeak Cryptography Team Leader

Ron at USMedRec.com

  _____