[Cryptography Team] Protecting Image

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Wed Jan 11 16:24:00 CET 2006

All,

I've been thinking though some of the problems with cryptography.  I have a
question.  How do we protect the image?  It seems to me that the easiest way
to circumvent the cryptography features of a system would be to change the
code to send off plain text after it was decrypted.  So the question is how
do we protect the image from being tampered with?  Is this even a valid
concern, or do we assume that once someone has access to the machine, and
therefore the image, that the system is compromised in general?

Ron