[Cryptography Team] Re: KryptOn MakoEnvelope signedAndSealedFrom:to:object:

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Jan 11 18:43:56 CET 2006

Chris Muller wrote:
> Ok, if you have any suggestions please let me know
> here on the cryptography list.

I've been thinking about whether there might be any existing standards
for this kind of thing we could simply implement, thereby removing the
need for designing our own protocols.

Would it make sense, for instance, to have a Smalltalk implementation of
OpenPGP, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2440.txt ? It's good for encrypting
and signing messages, all the design's been done, it's widely
implemented, and it has already been *extensively* analysed. Could
KryptOn become an OpenPGP?

Cheers,
  Tony