[Cryptography Team] Protecting Image

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:31:20 CET 2006

On 1/11/06, Ron Teitelbaum <Ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:
> I've been thinking though some of the problems with cryptography.  I have a
> question.  How do we protect the image?

Usually, the local machine is to be assumed secure (Trusted Computing
Base). If someone subverts my machine, anything can happen from
capturing keystrokes to advanced subliminal channel analysis.

Which doesn't mean that you should do your best to minimize these
effects - for example, I've been thinking of using methodwrappers or
Aspect/S or similar to tag methods as "crypto methods", meaning which
would trigger behaviour like on exit, all temps are erased
(recursively?) before they are gc'd.