[Cryptography Team] ECC and/or NSA Suite B?

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Fri Nov 24 19:43:56 UTC 2006

What has Sun contributed to OpenSSL?  I guess my question is this: If there
are version of ECC that are developed and patented by Sun that have been
given to the OS communities, either directly or through the OpenSSL license
then can we use their implementation?

I wouldn't want to post any code that is not open source in our library
which would includes IDEA, MDC2 and RC5.

If we find that ECC is only available to government users then I suggest we
do not include it in our repository, the risk would be too great.

What we need to understand is what ECC technology is currently Open Source
and can we do our own implementation and distribute it.

Ron