[Cryptography Team] ECC and/or NSA Suite B?

Krishna Sankar ksankar at doubleclix.net
Fri Nov 24 20:09:24 UTC 2006

You wrote :

> 1) I love crypto, and building an ECC implementation would
> teach me a great deal about it;
>
> 2) It gives me a reason to learn Smalltalk, something I've
> toyed with a dozen times in the past but never made progress
> at because I had nothing concrete to work on; and
>
> 3) It would just be fun.  I'm weird that way.
>
> But the last thing I want to do is run afoul of Certicom (or
> cause others to run afoul of them).
>
> So, advice?  Should I press ahead?
<KS>
	Same reason for me to get involved as well ! Interest in crypto as
well as a good reason to work on Smalltalk.

	Just as a POV, it is Ok to develop ECC. It gives us a leg up for our
cryptography portfolio. Naturally we would need to figure out the legal
issues before making it part of the system; but we would need to do that
anyway. So your efforts (if you choose to do so ;o)) will not be wasted.

	I have been looking at the SHA code towards developing the SHA512
and would welcome you help. We can learn collaboratively ! I was waiting for
the holidays to be over before starting in earnest.
</KS>

Cheers & happy holidays (Just came back from a grueling Black Friday
shopping (er .. carrying bags for the better half ...)
<k/>