[Cryptography Team] Quick thoughton certification

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Mon Nov 27 21:09:13 UTC 2006

It's a very good question.  I'm hoping that the StrongTalk VM will indeed
blossom and become a powerful force in Open Source Smalltalk.  What will
actually happen with it is yet to be seen.

In the mean time I'm hoping to find that CC validation is possible on
Dynamic Languages like Smalltalk.  I have a call coming up (this Thursday)
with someone that has been through this, but I'm still looking for someone
with experience with a lab or with a validation using a VM language.

If anyone has some suggestions on someone I should talk to please let me
know.

I'm expecting that we will be able to make the changes necessary to the
current Squeak VM to get it validated.  When StrongTalk is ready maybe we
can do the same, or at least consult on what should be done there.  We still
need a better understanding on what needs to be done.

Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Cryptography Team Leader