[Cryptography Team] Developing in what image/version/build?

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Thu Nov 30 01:37:16 UTC 2006

There's plenty about 3.9 that is less than acceptable.  I've moved back to 3.8 my forward development until 3.9 improves.

I recommend 3.8 for new Squeakers.  3.9 has some real usability issues that turn off new and old users alike; like lists jumping around upon selection is just one of many.  3.8 offers a cleaner start, less confusing, and you don't have Monticello packages with changes in the base image.  The uninterruptable image lockups though, all on their own, were plenty enough for me to switch back.

3.9 has that new window look, but you can get that in 3.8 real easy if you want:
http://map.squeak.org/package/3f07c64c-e22f-42ef-91e1-40c7e0de9185