[Cryptography Team] SSL Error

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Wed Jan 3 02:38:31 UTC 2007

Chris and All,

It appears that the changes to

Cryptography-RandomAndPrime and Cryptography-Core break the SSL Code.

If you load

Cryptography-RandomAndPrime-rww.2.mcz
Cryptography-Core-rww.17.mcz

Then run our SSL example code:

'https://tls.secg.org:40023' asUrl retrieveContents.

You will get back the proper contents.

Cryptography-RandomAndPrime-RJT.10.mcz
Cryptography-Core-cmm.18

It breaks with a return message from the server Bad Record Mac.

I tried loading each method individually and thought I'd isolated it, but I
got inconsistent results.  The RJT version of RandomAndPrime was my change
to ensure the initial vector had the proper number of bytes.

Test to Mac with the new code appears to still be working.

I have not been able to isolate the error yet, but I thought I'd mention it
incase anyone has an idea about which change is causing the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron Teitelbaum
Cryptography Team Leader