[Cryptography Team] Debugging SSL on Linux

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Tue Mar 20 22:34:36 UTC 2007

Great that explains it.  I'll look at the asn more closely and let you know
tomorrow.

Ron

  _____

From: Robert Withers [mailto:reefedjib at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:26 PM
To: Ron at USMedRec.com
Cc: 'Norbert Hartl'; 'Cryptography Team Development List'
Subject: Re: [Cryptography Team] Debugging SSL on Linux

Hey Ron,

You are back on the SSL version.  The latest is SSL.111.  You are missing
all of the Certificate validation code that I put in and this is why you are
able to connect, since all of the problems in this case are with validation.
Since you have the latest X509, you are decoding the CertificateExtensions,
which would expose problems 2 and 3, but you aren't encoding them for
signature validation, per the above reason, so you never have a problem.

Norbert, if you load SSL.109 it should work, while we get this issue fixed.
This is just missing a lot of security.

Rob