[Cryptography Team] Cryptography package on github

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Tue Jul 24 06:34:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

I migrated the cryptography package to github under

https://github.com/zweidenker/Cryptography <https://github.com/zweidenker/Cryptography>

If there is a better location for the repo I’m open ears. Here is a summary what I did:

- researched all authors and used the git migration tool to get the package from smalltalkhub to github
- released a version 0.1 that should be exactly the same as the code on smalltalkhub for people that want to change
- fixed an occurrence of IfNotNilDo: in the Cryptography package to make it load in pharo7
- added a metacello baseline
- added a group „all" that loads everything like it is now with one package
- added travis files and enable travis checks for pull requests
- released a version 0.2 that contains the original code plus travis and metacello
- Started to cut off the ASN1, PKCS12 and X509 classes in separate packages
- Added to each new package a -Tests package containing tests
- constructed all dependencies in the baseline
- added a core group that loads the now slimmed down package solely
- added PBKDF2 package from smalltalkhub UdoSchneider

I’m writing to you as I will write the gemstone guys to find out what sort of collaboration is possible. If you think this is valuable thing to post on squeak-dev please forward this post. I don’t like to subscribe to a lot of lists just to write this announcement. But I’m happy to add squeak in the travis configuration if anyone is about to maintain it.

regards,

Norbert