[Cryptography Team] [Vm-dev] Smalltalk code calling SHA2Plugin

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 02:18:51 UTC 2020

Hi Robert and Levente,

Yes, I *think* so!  I'm just now getting up to speed after reading
that epic thread between you and Levente (subject line: "SHA512 squeak
implementation").  Thanks a ton to both of you, BTW, for this work!

After loading

       ProCrypto-1-1-1
and ProCryptoTests-1-1-1,

all 205 tests are passing, however, it took me a bit to realize I need to use

    HashFunction newSHA256

instead of

    SHA256 new

in order to take advantage of Levente's plugin.  This is great, thanks again!

Quick side question:  Is it okay to reuse a SHA256 instance, or should
I just create a new one for each and every message to hash?

Best,
  Chris