[Cryptography Team] [squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] SHA512 squeak implementation?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:12:16 UTC 2020

Hi Robert,

> 2) How can loading #core + #test be one-click? I would like to know.
>
> The two links I sent you the other day document it.  As a comparable
example, take a look at Installer>>#ffiTests.  With this, you can simply
execute:

    Installer new merge: #ffiTests

and it'll know to grab #ffi first, then #ffiTests.

A second approach can be done with SqueakMap.  With a base image, you can
load the Magma project, and it'll load the tree of pre-requisites first.
Right click on the "1.62 tests" Release, then select "Edit Release" and
you'll see the script.  This is the incantation which handles the
dependencies:

    (Smalltalk hasClassNamed: #MaObjectRepository)
        ifFalse: [ SMSqueakMap default installPackageNamed: 'Magma'
version: '1.62 server' ].

So, "1.62 tests" loads "1.62 server", which loads "1.62 client" which
loads....  etc.

MC Configurations are yet another way, as is Metacello.  I doubt we need
any more at the moment.

 - Chris