[Cryptography Team] Monticello Configurations Re: your thoughts

Robert robert.withers at pm.me
Fri Mar 13 08:01:27 UTC 2020

Ahh, I missed seeing the number 2 in your image. So yes, I got it together and it loads and passes green. One issue I had is that the dotted form (ProCrypto-1.1.1) in the package name confuses the Monticello installer. So I changed the name to ProCrypto-1-1-1. This version loads and is green.

The two versions of the config named ProCrypto-1.1.1-rww.1 and ProCrypto-1.1.1-rww.2 are no good.They don't load and they are named wrong. These do not show up in the list of versions, on the SqueakSource website. I cannot run this code DoIt successfully:

Installer ss
     project: 'Cryptography';
     install: 'ProCrypto-1.1.1'.

I cannot delete all versions of this package. Is there any way you could get at the filesystem for both Cryptography and Oceanside and delete the two versions with dots (ProCrypto-1.1.1), but leave the version named ProCrypto-1-1-1?

Thanks for guiding me on the use of the Configurations browser!

K, r

On 3/13/20 12:42 AM, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> Hi Rob,
> Put you mouse where the number 2 is in the image and right click (or option click) the mouse to add repositories.  You should see a menu that says Add Repository.
>
> That is the window where repositories are listed.  The top window is packages, the middle window is repositories, the last window is Repository details that show you the details of the selected repository in the middle window.
>
> All the best,
>
> Ron
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 12:35 AM Robert <robert.withers at pm.me> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ron,
>>
>> I tried what you said, although I could not find where to do number 2. I went straight to number 3. I saved it as ProCrypto-1.1.1-rww.1 in the Cryptography repository. I go to load the config in a fresh image and I get this in the Transcript:
>>
>> ERROR: Version CryptographyCore-rww.5 not found in any repository
>>
>> ERROR: Aborting
>>
>> I do not know how to tell it to look in Cryptography. Note that when I saved the config, it asked me which Repo to save to. And there it is in Cryptography. But it doesn't work right.
>>
>> tyk, r
>>
>> On 3/13/20 12:20 AM, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Rob,
>>>
>>> 1. From the Open Menu select Monticello Configurations.
>>> 2. Right click and Add Repositories (Cryptography)
>>> 3. Add Packages.  Add all of the packages you want loaded in the order you want them loaded.