[Cryptography Team] Progress Report: Callisto House AND Questions bout ASN1 tagging of PKIX structures

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Mon Oct 3 11:38:29 UTC 2022

Oops! I failed to test PromisesLocal. When that package is loaded, the
ProtocolState package is not and tests fail. I created a PromisesLoader
configuration so run this to load it up...

      * */Installer ss project: 'Promises'; install: 'PromisesLoader'./*

Have a good one; keep it, light.
Kindly,
rabbit
. .. … ‘…^,^

Sent from Callisto House :: decentralized mobile homeless solutions

On 10/2/22 14:05, rabbit wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Try this. is better.
>>
>>     /Installer ss project: 'Cryptography'; install:
>>     'CryptographyBootsatrap'.
>>     (Smalltalk at: #CryptographyBootsatrap ifAbsent: [^ nil])
>>     ///satrap/./
>>
>> Have a good one; keep it, light.
>> Kindly,
>> rabbit
>> . .. … ‘…^,^
>>
>> Sent from Callisto House :: decentralized mobile homeless solutions
>>

>> On 9/30/22 19:55, rabbit wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Ron; Hey everyone! I am hoping y'all are quite well! I am.
>>>
>>> I’m a disabled veteran, President of my non-profit, Callisto House
>>> :: decentralized mobile homeless solutions. I aim to use my Async
>>> Promise framework to build a donation bartering system for their
>>> use, in each House. *SecureObjectCapabilities.*
>>>
>>>     *Issue: *Why does squeaksource.com hang-up so often? Err...
>>>
>>> I have refactored the packages in Cryptography, Oceanside &
>>> Promises. I put all Promise packages in Promise, including
>>> Raven&SqueakELib&Brook&... previous incarnations. I removed all
>>> Promise packages from Cryptography and Oceanside. I created the
>>> project Kafka.

>>> PromisesLocal and ParrotTalk ---\
>>>
>>> One: save a new 6.1alpjha image to crypto.image...
>>>
>>> Two: This code switches to the trunk update stream and update to
>>> alpha; then load and test Crypto, then save. See
>>> /CryptographyBootsatrap class>>#satrap.
>>> /
>>>
>>> Everytime this image #startUp: true, the latest update to alpha;
>>> then load and test latest Crypto, then save.
>>>
>>>     /Installer ss project: 'Cryptography'; install:
>>>     'CryptographyBootsatrap'.
>>>     (Smalltalk at: 'CryptographyBootsatrap' ifAbsent: [^ nil])
>>>     ///satrap/.
>>>     /
>>>
>>> Three: I install PomisesLocal & ParrotTalk packages
>>>
>>>     /Installer ss project: 'Promises'; install: 'PromisesLocal'.
>>>     Installer ss project: 'Cryptography'; install: 'ParrotTalkLoader'./
>>>
>>> Lastly, I run all tests in the TestRunner. #GREEN!
>>>
>>> \--- Confirm by running apropos unit tests: *#GREEN!* .  ..   ...
>>> '...^,^ ---/
>>>
>>> My priority task list:
>>>
>>>  1. Checkpoint a stable ParrotTalk, ASN1 & LocalPromises
>>>  2. *{XXX}* ASN1 extensions to provide class tagging differentiation.
>>>       * This to support RemotePromises encoding in ASN1.
>>>  3. Checkpoint a stable ProCrypto with class tagging ASN1
>>>  4. Switch LocalPromises EventualSends to each be its own
>>>     EventualProcess, on a VatScheduler.
>>>       * Add customized Semaphores to unschedule back into the Vat
>>>         suspended pool
>>>       * rescheduled when the Semaphore is signaled.
>>>  5. Re-establish RemotePromises
>>>  6. Checkpoint a stable RemotePromises
>>>  7. Naming Services, using RemotePromises
>>>  8. Default VAT Services (Chat, Log, Stats, Social Feeds, ...)
>>>  9. Double encrypt ParrotTalk | Bridge ParrotTalk sessions
>>> 10. Checkpoint a stable BridgingParrotTalk
>>> 11. Kafka | Replicating, fault-tolerant Comms (issue with event
>>> 13. SPADSServer
>>> 14. FFI-threaded