[Elections] Re: Who votes? how does voting work?

Peter Crowther Peter at ozzard.org
Thu Dec 29 22:43:40 CET 2005

> From: Daniel Vainsencher [mailto:daniel.vainsencher at gmail.com]
> So like I said before, I propose that version 1 be defined as
> inappropriate for any important decisions, and delay all security
> requirements to version 2.

I reject this proposal.  The early decisions are likely to be the key
ones, and difficult to unpick later; delaying this until a nebulous
'Phase 2' means that anything important will bypass the voting system
('because it's important') and the decision will be made behind closed
doors.  This is exactly the wrong impression for the co-ordinators /
guides / junta / whatever to be giving at this point, I would argue.

> > [Aside: Anyone want to rate the account 'Ozzard' on SqP?]
> Want to point to relevant information?

Initially, no, I didn't; I wanted to see what reaction I got.  I now
have reactions from you and from Ken - thanks to both.

I've updated the information.  Anyone now want to rate me?

> I'm posting a status summary at
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5835
> feel free to correct for accuracy, but lets keep the discussions here.

Seems appropriate, if a little sanitised.

		- Peter