[Elections] Re: Who votes? how does voting work?

Peter Crowther Peter at ozzard.org
Sat Dec 31 21:44:33 CET 2005

> From: [...] Daniel Vainsencher
> Sent: 01 January 2006 19:43

Daniel, what's the date on your machine?  Is something off with its
conversion to Gregorian somewhere?

> It might not be good enough for money handling or legally
> binding stuff, but it probably is for all kinds of decisions the
> community is trying to make now.

Quite.

> Do you mind updating the minnow page to
> reflect these requirements?

Done; sorry for the delay.  I've hacked with some headings, now that we
have more content in there - sorry if that's an issue.

> Here I don't quite understand your intention. Do you mean to
> extend SqP itself?

Ideally.

> note that it is not Squeak, so some Squeakers won't hack it
> directly.

<shrug>.  And?  A system is a system is a system.

I've CC'ed Cees into this.  Cees, what's SqP written in and how easy is
it (in your experience) to change?

> Anyway, I think the first thing is to make sure we can live with the
> initial requirements list, and then let move to
> implementation. For that
> I was going to ask on the Squeak list for volunteers, unless
> one of you
> wants to tackle it yourselves. In the case where someone else
> is doing
> it, there's no point in making too many implementation decisions now.

I could do it quickly but not in Squeak, or in Squeak but slowly - I'm
not sufficiently familiar with any of the Smalltalk Web frameworks to
use them effectively.  My day job is almost entirely Microsoft web
application hacking (for my sins - but it pays the bills!)

		- Peter