[Elections] Now it is febrary

Peter Crowther Peter at ozzard.org
Sat Feb 11 08:50:28 CET 2006

Sorry, I've only just read this after waking up!

> From: Brent Vukmer [mailto:brent.vukmer at gmail.com]
> 2/10-2/17 sign up and awareness raising (ends midnight 2/17 UTC)
> 2/18-2/19 interim; prep for election (ends midnight 2/19 UTC)
> 2/20-2/23 vote (ends midnight 2/23 UTC)
> Is that correct?

To be clear, those are the midnights at the ends of the day, not at the
starts of the day (I've never been sure what 'midnight' refers to).

> I'm assuming the candidate list is closed

Yikes!  I'm not - I was assuming that the candidate list is very much
open until the awareness-raising and sign-up process ended, but I now
realise that I was assuming that in your email 'registering on SqP'
included the process for registering as a candidate.  Certainly my
process email referred to the two processes running in parallel.

I don't feel we have advertised the process for standing as a candidate
enough; in particular, we have not advertised it to the other
stakeholder communities.  I would not want to close that until we closed
voter registration.

I apologise for not picking up that point sooner.

		- Peter