[Elections] Re: Who votes? how does voting work?

Daniel Vainsencher daniel.vainsencher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 19:22:49 CET 2006

First, we don't represent the board, so we don't make their impression,
they do. But I agree with what you say - we don't want to create
artificial delays in the progress on the security front, because it
determines when the system starts being a real tool for the community.

On the other hand, you don't at all address my reason for keeping
security out - it is complicated. And for a system to succeed, nothing
is more important than that it be simple in the beginning. Simple so
implementation gets finished, simple so people get it enough to see why
its useful.

So I propose the compromise that we start implementation of the system
as proposed, and at the same time ask for security minded people to help
design the security. Doing security right requires more time and
expertise than I can muster, so we need someone else to do/push that
one. Do you want to?

Note that this does not specify an initial voters list/mechanism, we can
keep talking about that one. I will update the spec to allow the voters
to be specified as a simple string, with
'dvf danielv at tx.technion.ac.il 123456
ls lex at lexspoon.org 654321
?? Peter at ozzard.org 346098' as the initial value.

Agreed?