[Elections] A simple SqF board elections solution using SqP

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Sat Jan 7 16:24:23 CET 2006

Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> 2. On Feb 1 post an SqP article announcing the upcoming vote and clearly
> stating the voting mechanism and requirements.  We specify a SqP rank
> (apprentice or journeyman, this is open to debate)

Okay, guys....  I really don't understand why this is popular, unless it's because
people are very used to thinking this way.

You do realize that the algorithm is set up so that people at the roots get lots of control
over membership, while people further away get very little?  The system isn't set up
to average all the designations.  Instead, roots get lots of clout, and they can choose to
pass on some of it to others.

Any organization has some members with clout who can use that more than the formal
bylaws would indicate.  Going with the reputation approach means that this not only
happens, but is primary.

-Lex