[Elections] A simple SqF board elections solution using SqP

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 08:28:11 CET 2006

Guys,

Please. please please please. KEEP IT SIMPLE.

You haven't been tasked with running the next elections for President
of the United States. We don't need biometric identification, trusted
third parties or a notary public to count vounts, whatever. Just the
Net version of 'please raise hands'.

We are just a bunch of guys in a *friendly* community. We have our
technical differences, but I really cannot imagine any inside party
seriously attempting to mess up these elections. Nor an outside party.

A system is needed that is reasonably objective and which stands a
reasonable chance of listing the right people on the voter's registry.

It's easy to discuss this issue to death, to build in very strong
safety guards - but let us do something *simple* and just go for it.

On 1/8/06, Peter Crowther <Peter at ozzard.org> wrote:
> Indeed.  For recording and counting votes, however, I'd settle for a
> system where the system's owner has no interest in tampering
> with the result.

Should I take that as an insinuation? I won't. Just let me put
forward, for the record, that I don't have any interest in tampering
with the result (as owner of the system where SqP runs). I wouldn't
know why...