[Elections] A simple SqF board elections solution using SqP

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:53:29 CET 2006

On 1/14/06, Daniel Vainsencher <daniel.vainsencher at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. The only objection to using SqP as a basis for the voters list was
> Lex, and at least Ken, Peter and I think this is a reasonable basis. I
> think it is close enough to consensus.

Note that Peter rightly remarked that Ken and I are just "opiniative"
here, we're candidates so have nothing to decide here.

Is Condorcet the way to go? I looked a bit on Wikipedia, Condorcet
seems to be for electing a single person as far as I could tell...

I have setup a project called Agora (gosh what an original name)
that's basically waiting for the definitive decision on the voting
system to use. It'll be hardcoded for this election, to make
everything easier :)

BTW - there's another little task for this team - the candidate list
still has two vacancies. And in order to let the voting system make
any sense, it'd be good to have more candidates than seats, of
course...