[Elections] A simple SqF board elections solution using SqP

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:10:06 CET 2006

On 1/15/06, Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at techunix.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> If you're proposing to
> implement the system, and Condorcet seems to complex at the moment,
> implement any other tallying algorithm for a start, that uses the same
> vote format (the voter provides a preference order on the alternatives)

Well, what about just tallying. Assign reverse points to ranking,
those with most points win.

Personally, I'm not convinced of the necessity for ranking either.
Just give the voter 7 votes. He can use 1..7 of them, every vote is a
point, candidates with the 7 most points win.

(oh - and please don't start here about the theoretical shortcomings
of such a system.I know)

By the way - I have seen, err... ZERO activity on rounding up
candidates. You can come up with the fanciest election system in the
world, but unless we have more than 7 candidates, the whole thing is a
bit futile.