[Elections] Stepping down (and stepping up)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at techunix.technion.ac.il
Wed Mar 1 01:35:05 UTC 2006

Hi everyone.

I'm willing to be team leader, if the team likes the idea. Either way,
thanks Brent for giving this your time until now, and I hope you still
pop in occaisonally.

I think this election was effective in the sense that it worked. We had
enough candidates, enough voters (though some might wish for more), and
are not hearing strong objections to any particular aspect. I think the
first thing we should do as an election team is preserve the procedure,
discuss and fix up the weak points, and set our timers for next year.

As to other goals for this team, I think these first elections are one
step by the community to working on its commons as such. What other
steps would be useful? How can we help in this team? I'd like to hear
any ideas...

Daniel