[Elections] Definining the Elections process

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Jan 22 02:15:42 UTC 2010

The Oversight Board is currently in the process of finalizing an
agreement with the Software Freedom Conservancy for Squeak to join the
conservancy.  One crucial part of this agreement describes how the
governing committee (Squeak Oversight Board) is elected.

This has not exactly been set in stone as we have changed the details
somewhat over the last few years and it has tended to be somewhat
informal and adhoc.  I and Cees closed the SqueakPeople site which was
part of the original process and so while we are using the original data
from there we no longer have the original mechanism for updating the
voter list.

How does the election team see the current process?  Are changes likely
in the next year or two?  Can you help us write up a short but complete
description of the process?

I'm sure we can update the agreement if the process changes, but we need
to do the best we can on the version that we actually sign.

Thanks,

Ken