[Etoys] ALSA module

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Oct 9 06:44:47 EDT 2006

Am 07.10.2006 um 14:54 schrieb Takashi Yamamiya:

> Hi Bert,
>
> It works fine on my board, too!
>
> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> I built RPMs for the Squeak virtual machine and the Etoys Sugar
>> activity. Since the etoys.laptop.org address is not operational
>> yet, I uploaded them here:
>>     http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/sugar/rpm/
>
> And with a little more things, I could play and record sound in etoys.
>
> # yum install alsa-utils
> # alsamixer
> (toggle on mute with 'm' key, and increase volumes with cursor keys)

Maybe Ian could implement the sound_Volume(), sound_SetVolume(), and
sound_SetRecordLevel() functions, which are currently stubs.
Hopefully that would avoid the need for alsamixer, and also make the
nav-bar volume control work.

> # squeak -vm-sound-ALSA /usr/share/sugar/activities/etoys/etoys.image
>
> Bert, could you put -vm-sound-ALSA option in /usr/bin/etoys script?

Sure. I'll note though that Ian apparently forgot to put the ALSA
module in the list of auto-probed modules in sqUnixMain.c. If that
was added, it should work automatically.

Also, for some reason, the vm-sound-OSS plugin dir now contains ALSA?!