[Etoys] How to make an etoys.image

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Tue Aug 7 21:38:15 EDT 2007

  Hi, Takashi,

> Could you give me an instruction of how to build etoys.image from
> developer's image these days?
>
> I assume you use ReleaseBuilderSqueakland to setup an image though,
> how was the proper way to set up and to show initial screen?

  First, evaluate:

	ReleaseBuilderSqueakland new prepareReleaseImageForOLPC

This clears up bunch of stuff.  The resulting image would be a good
one is a "plain" plugin image
(http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-2.1-1513.zip and older ones are made
in this way, basically).

  Then, place "Welcome", "DemonCastle1", "Gallery" and "Launcher"
projects in the same directory as .image and evaluate:

	ReleaseBuilderSqueakland new buildInitialScreenForOLPC2

(We can certainly rename this method to #buildInitialScreenForOLPC.)

  We will reduce the number of pre-loaded projects soon, but this is
the way for now.

  Place the car wherever you like, save the image and rename the
.image to etoys.image and make sure the screen size is 1200x900.

  Because of this I usually do the evaluation of
#buildInitialScreenForOLPC2 on actual XO (on a USB memory) and then
copy the .image to /usr/share/etoys, and make sure it works on XO.

-- Yoshiki