[Etoys] Proposal on how to use Pootle for etoys

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 07:16:34 EST 2007

Hi, Takashi.

2007/12/5, Takashi Yamamiya <tak at metatoys.org>:
> Thank you for reviewing the script.
> Because po files are copied to svn repository, we can use "svn diff"
> before commit them. It is to take a diff between original file and newer file.
> I think it is enough to check them to avoid worst case.

I think, instead of just copying POs from Pootle to SVN, synchronizing
to latest POT would save much work.  And this is easy to do with
pomigrate2 of Translate Toolkit.
I revised mkpootle (attached - this is draft and needs cleanup).  And
I will send you POs including "X-Etoys-SystemVersion" header that have
been migrated from the latest ones in svn (2.3-1840).

I noticed POs you pulled from Lauchpad are copyrighted by Canonical
(and LaunchPad contributors).  I don't know whether they actually
contributed :)  Is that copyright statement OK for OLPC?  I wanted to
remove the statement from POs before import to our repository because
we aren't tied to the site anymore.

Cheers,
/Korakurider