[Etoys] SqueakMap not working out-of-the-box

Luke Gorrie luke at member.fsf.org
Sun Nov 11 07:18:52 EST 2007

On 11/11/2007, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> > 1. How can we load applications like Monticello, Whisker, Refactoring
> > Browser, etc into the XO image?
> > From #squeak I have a working method to import Monticello but it's not
> > pretty (it involves the debugger's 'Return from frame:' feature for
> > example)
>
> I don't quite understand. Use whatever methods you would normally
> use?

Indeed the trouble is that those methods aren't working. I opened a
more explicit Trac ticket: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/4799

> The problem is making this permanent in the image, and writing
> the changes file (both are read-only in /usr/share/etoys).

Missing context: I'm using a custom development image derived from
etoys-dev-2.2 on my MacBook. This image will be used to develop
projects that will run on the XO but that's separate from my SqueakMap
desires.

> > 2. What repository should we use for our project files?
>
> We use a subversion repository - it works better for binary files
> than git.

Thanks for the tip!

> > Finally I've found a performance-degradation problem with
> > Morph>>duplicate
>
> You should open a Trac ticket about that.

OK. I'll spend some more time to find out how reproducible it is or isn't first.

Thanks!
-Luke