[Etoys] about LanguageEditor>>checkSpanishPhrase:translation:

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 00:59:12 EST 2007

Yoshiki,

Here's the de-garbled method. This one was easy to fix (as the text mentions the
garbled characters: exclamación = ¡, interrogación = ¿).  It would seem the string
suffered quite a bit of abuse as a simple test chunk [1] failed to yield any
valid result... although is probably due to copy-pasting, let's hope my mailer
isn't as abusive :)

checkSpanishPhrase: phraseString translation: translationString
	"check the translation and aswer a string with a comment or a
	nil meaning no-comments"
	| superResult |
	superResult := self checkPhrase: phraseString translation: translationString.
	superResult isNil
		ifFalse: [^ superResult].
	"For some reason, MCInstaller couldn't read Spanish character. "
	"((translationString withBlanksTrimmed includes: $?)
	and: [(translationString withBlanksTrimmed includes: $¿) not])
		ifTrue: [^ '¿Olvidó el signo de pregunta?'].
	((translationString withBlanksTrimmed includes: $!)
	and: [(translationString withBlanksTrimmed includes: $¡) not])
		ifTrue: [^ '¿Olvidó el signo de admiración?']
	"
	^ nil

Cheers,
Xavier

[1] De-garbler chunk:
| garbled |
garbled := 'é?OlvidƧ el signo de admiraciƧn?'.
TextConverter allEncodingNames inject: Dictionary new into: [:dict :encoding |
	| converter |
	converter := TextConverter newForEncoding: encoding.
	dict at: encoding put: (garbled convertFromWithConverter: converter).
	dict ]