[Etoys] The New Etoys image

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 18 15:28:45 EST 2008

Yoshiki,

I have a question regarding comment below:

>   For the OLPC project, the etoys2.3 stream *should* be "final". As
> long as the Update.1 deadline doesn't force us, we are not going to
> push any new changes to etoys2.3.

Does that mean that after Update.1 etoys3 will be shiped on the XO, and if so,
does that mean it will not be possible for normal user to update their OLPC
to a later version, for example, Update.1.1, without loosing their etoys2.3
projects (because they were created under Update.1 or earlier)?

Also, could you comment how does 2.3 and 3.0 relate to the non-OLPC version
announced in earlier post "A new experimental version of OLPC image for
non-XO environments".

Also, which of the above (2.3, 3.0, non-olpc) are you most interested for
people to test? :)

Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious (and have some limited time to
test if required)

Later, Milan